Thursday, June 3, 2021

YOU WILL HAVE TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES ON COREY KLUBER'S "UPDATE"


I woke up yesterday hoping to have some sort of status update on Corey Kluber and I know I wasn't the only one. I just don't like being left in limbo. We have a lot to figure out already with this underachieving team so some clarity on Kluber would've been nice. I guess it was too much to ask for.

Well, maybe we will get something today. Or maybe not, I wouldn't bet on that right now considering how vague Aaron Boone was yesterday, you can read that HERE if you missed it. So we know that he was diagnosed with a strained sub scapula muscle by Yankees team doctors a week ago. Since then he has had more imaging done including a scan that injected dye into the shoulder for another detailed look. Yesterday Kluber met with Dodgers team doctor Neal ElAttrache who specializes in knee, shoulder, and elbow injuries and he will meet with him again tomorrow. So what do we know?


"A little bit but I’m going to hold off. He’s actually still in L.A. now, and getting more information. So I’m going to hold off on it because it’s still kind of gathering," said Boone. "I thought I'd have information for you, but I'm going to hold off on that."

Typical Boone answer, it's vague and he's not tipping his hand at all. So, now we get to sit here and wonder what that "little bit" of information really is. Is it bad news? Like worst case scenario? Does Dr. Neal ElAttrache even agree with the Yankees team doctors assessment at this point? I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't....they don't have the greatest track record. We have Aaron Judge's partially collapsed lung as the perfect example of that. I want the best case scenario here but I will be honest....ever since Yankee team doctors screwed that one up BYB staff and fans may have better credentials at this point.


So yes, I am skeptical. I am not surprised that the Yankees are consulting Dr. Neal ElAttrache at all but the fact that this is still unfolding and they are still gathering information here worries me. If these subsequent MRI's reveal a labrum tear, we may never see Kluber in a Yankee uniform again and that's not what any of us want.

So I hate to sit here and play the guessing game and drive myself nuts with conspiracy theories....but I know that I will until Boone actually decides to spill the beans. Whatever the news is good or bad I just want to know! This has been a stressful season....and it is only June.

So I hate to read between the lines but I am....and I am scared. I am crossing all body parts possible for some good news tomorrow. We need all of the good news we can get! Please Kluber....we need you, man!

 

  --Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
     BYB Managing Editor
    Twitter: @nyprincessj

1 comment:

  1. I would say that Kluber is done .His season is over.
    So that gamble didn't pay off and the Pittsburgh gamble hasn't either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017