Monday, February 1, 2021

DO THE YANKEES HAVE A TOP 10 ROTATION?


This has been an interesting winter for the Yankees, and even more so for baseball in general. Some teams have made some major improvements and that includes the Yankees. I wasn't sold on the Yankees pitching and the slow start to the offseason made me uneasy, but now I am feeling better about our pitching.

I never saw the Yankees being serious suitors for Trevor Bauer, even though we could use him. I was waiting to see what Brian Cashman would do, and he didn't disappoint. The Yankees have reloaded in areas we really needed and now I'd say we have a much better rotation.

I'm not the only one who thinks so either. I found THIS over the weekend, and the fact that we are now even listed as a "top 10" rotation team makes me breathe easier. Pitching wins championships, and at the beginning of January it didn't look like we were built to contend.


It looks a lot different now. Now I can see the Yankees getting deeper into the postseason with Gerrit ColeJameson Taillon and Corey Kluber in the front of the rotation. I'm anxious to see what Luis Severino can do if he returns in the summer, but anything he can bring to the team I consider a bonus. 

The Yankees have a much deeper rotation compared to last season, but it still has a lot of question marks past Cole. That's why I agree the Yankees do not have a top five rotation, but I can definitely see potential for a top 10 rotation. I wouldn't say I agree with all of the rankings that NJ.com gave these teams but.....the Dodgers and the Padres are definitely at the top of my list also.



It's hard to even imagine that the Yankees could even be considered a top 10 rotation team a year ago, but it feels good to finally get back to a deeper rotation. We may not be top five, but it looks a lot brighter then last season. 

Do you think the Yankees are a top 10 rotation team now? If not, what changes do the Yankees need to get there? Comment and tell us. I'm ready for baseball...



  --Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
     BYB Managing Editor
    Twitter: @nyprincessj



1 comment:

  1. Fully agree Jeanna, you're spot on as you broke this topic down.

    On to another subject? Is Cashman finished? Would he seriously look at working out a deal with Cleveland for Jose Ramirez? Seems like the ideal number three hitter and would allow the Yankees to shift Aaron Hicks down to the #9 spot where is high OBP and speed would serve the Yankee lineup better. Hicks is not a #3 hitter. The RBIs simply aren't there.

    Urshela, who I really like & perhaps some of the Yankees middle infield prospects and lower-level outfield prospects might get a deal done for Ramirez? Why not? Three years of team control, switch hitter, power, 28, RBI machine & most importantly, finally achieving lineup balance.

    Will Cashman continue to tweak the bullpen also?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017