Sunday, June 28, 2020

YANKEES OPENING DAY WILL BE IN NATS PARK!


With the regular 2020 MLB season set to start on July 23rd, the favorite for the prize in 2020 is competing against the best in 2019 as the Yankees take on the Nationals in Washington DC, in one of the most anticipated matchups.  If I were to guess, it will be Max Scherzer against Gerrit Cole as the summer heats up in mid-July.

"Players and staff members will start traveling to training campsites -- most of which will be held in home stadiums -- for a July 1 check-in," reports ESPN. 


I know there's an agreement and I know there is supposed to be baseball, but it still seems surreal to me. We have been through a lot the last several months and to get excited about your favorite team finally getting back into action after a long-awaited hiatus feels worrisome. Because if they rip this away from us, I for one will not forgive the game that has given me so many memories.

But the reward really is that the Yankees will play the Nationals and it couldn't get better than that. Fans, we really are getting close and the Damn Yankees are playing Washington. I hope I didn't sell my soul to the devil for this one.



--Suzie Pinstripe
BYB Managing Editor
Twitter: @suzieprof


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017