Saturday, May 23, 2020

JAMES PAXTON CAN THANK COVID19 FOR HIS FULL RECOVERY


See what a pause in the major league season can do for a dude recovering from back surgery? It's gonna be like he was never gone at all!

The latest news is that James Paxton is feeling great and almost at 100% which is outstanding.

ESPN writes:


"Paxton, who had back surgery in February, said he's "back to full strength" and ready to go whenever the season begins. Paxton, who was 15-6 with a 3.82 ERA for the Yankees in 2019, underwent a microscopic lumbar discectomy Feb. 5 in which a herniated disk was repaired and a peridiscal cyst was removed. 

"I think I've thrown probably 12, 14 bullpens," Paxton told the YES Network on Friday. "It's my back feeling really good... I think I'm back to full strength." 

Paxton said he's been doing rehab work at his home in Wisconsin while Major League Baseball has been shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic. 


"The velocity is getting better and better, breaking balls and stuff like that, getting a feel for my pitches, so everything is going really well. I've seen some good results there, so I'm continuing to try and improve over this time, even though we're not playing."

That's great news and I am excited to see this dude take the mound again for the Yanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017