Tuesday, March 24, 2020

WE PLAY TODAY, WE WIN TODAY... DAS IT!


Yes, a drop in the bucket of positivity. Sure, I'm no doctor and don't claim to understand the pathology of a virus. Why write anything then you ask? Because believe it or not we ARE stronger than those on the 24-7 television broadcast are giving us credit for.

Am I being too "Rah, Rah!"?


Is this too much Micky telling a so-called "Bum Southpaw" to, "GET UP! GET UP, YOU SON OF A BITCH! DON'T LAY DOWN! DIE HARD! ONE MORE ROUND! Because Micky loves ya."? Maybe. Maybe it is...but I don't see it that way.


In 1996 a journeyman infielder coined the inspirational phrase, "We play today, we win today. Das it!" I wish Mariano Duncan was at the podium with the Coronavirus Task Force everyday. Why? Because that's the way we need to play this stretch.. NO DOUBT in who we are and how we fight.


Day by day we are bombarded with "experts" telling us why it's bad and offering no really glimmer of hope for the population. Well, they are the front office...WE ARE THE PLAYERS!  Due respect to Brian Cashman, I'd rather have DJ in the box with 2 down, down 1 with a runners at 2nd and 3rd in the ninth.

Hope is a wonderful thing. It leads us to a path that can lift the team around us to become the best version of themselves. Despair? Well, there's plenty of that out there if you'd rather buy that brand. That's your call.


I'm not asking you to change your mind any more than I'm asking you to suddenly be an Irish Catholic. HOWEVER, blocking out the noise of the crowd and seeing the stitches on the ball tumbling toward you give you a shot to make great things happen. Don't believe it? Grab a book, look up challenging times in history....ANY history.

I'm so tired of hearing that we can't... so to steal from the boys up the I-95 in 2004....COWBOY UP!

Yes, I invoked the battle cry of "THE IDIOTS"! WHY? Because they were actually geniuses. I've not written for BYB much lately. I have time... we all do now, and I wanted to chime in from the cheap seats today to let whomever reads this know that I believe in this team!  I always have. Maybe it's my upbringing. Maybe it's because I'm a coach myself these days. Maybe it's because I'm scared too, but I won't let this thing keep me on the mat!


I believe in the better days ahead. I believe, because if we play today, we win today! Das it!

Be safe. Be smart. Fight back! and Believe!



--Mike O'Hara
BYB Contributor
Twitter: @mikeyoh21



Sometimes it just takes a bit of music to shake you from the slump. Here it is:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017