Tuesday, March 24, 2020

CLAY RAPADA: STICKING WITH HIS PASSION FOR THE GAME


As this BYB Media Podcast gets going, it's important that I speak to the people that I really appreciate and have stuck with Bleeding Yankee Blue for a long time. We believe in loyalty.

Now, when it comes to BYB and opinion, we're not haters here, it's just that sometimes we have very pointed opinions, and that's how our audience was built. We may not agree with other fans, maybe not even with each other, but at the end of the day, you, the reader can make your own decision and we, the writer can be satisfied with what we put out. And you know what? There's just disagreement sometimes.  The point is we're like a big family here... the readers, the writers, all of us and we chat it up on any given day about different topics. And many times that extends to public figures and players, their wives as well. Clay is one of those people.


Clay Rapada and I have a bond and yes it's over baseball... but it all started with a silly Bleeding Yankee Blue T-Shirt and how I convinced him to throw it on during one of his workouts in between teams. He's a man of his word and did exactly that and one day it popped on my Twitter and I couldn't be more happy.

We used to do #RapadaFoodWars on Twitter as well, where we'd make a meal and then tweet it to each other just to keep the other on our toes.


It was kind of cool and the dude definitely has a sense of humor and I have a lot of respect for a guy like that. Someone that has a job like pitching on a major league team, but can be playful with the fans when he needs to be. He's just a good dude.


But the truth is I've always been a fan of Clay and the way he pitches. He used to come into high pressure situations, with the Orioles, the Tigers, Rangers, the Yankees and with that amazing delivery, I was just in awe... me being a lefty myself and never really being a successful pitcher, it was just cool to see this lanky dude come in and dominate in his relieve role with the arm slot he had.  And yes... it was awesome to see him pitch for the Yankees... my favorite team.

We finally sat down for an interview on the BYB Podcast with Clay Rapada, and I was thrilled.


We talked about everything, from what he's doing now with the San Francisco Giants, to leadership when it comes to Derek Jeter compared to Alex Rodriguez... to the Yankees when he got the opportunity there, to where that Bleeding Yankee Blue shirt is right now... to the Astros, and even youth sports.

It's a thrill and I am very happy to share this with you now. Thank you Clay, you're the best.


Good Luck and stay in touch my man!.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017