Sunday, March 22, 2020

MARIANO SPEAKS & PEOPLE LISTEN!


Why can't a guy like Mariano Rivera be Baseball Commissioner? He makes sense. He believes in right from wrong and in the end, he will make things happen instead of Rob Manfred. That dude's terrible. After all, with all this talk of the Coronavirus and shortening the season, in the back of my mind I was thinking about it and saying to myself, "Is this guy serious? I mean surely we all want baseball back, but what is this a little league season?" My thoughts were not off base. Manfred isn't out there for the sport, he's out there so he looks good. But I have news for you... it ain't working.

Mariano Rivera has spoken, and if Baseball was smart, they would listen and make the proper changes to what the hell is going on.


SNY writes:

"...one Yankees legend doesn't think a team winning a World Series title during a super abbreviated season should carry much weight. "I don't think you can play a 60-game season and you call yourself a champion," Mariano Rivera said while appearing on ESPN New York's The Michael Kay Show on Friday. 

The five-time World Series champion added: "Anything can happen in 60 games. I don't think it's enough. People don't play on all cylinders, the whole teams are different. I don't know. It's a great question, because I don't know what's going to happen if the season is starting in June or July."

But what can be done about it? It's a tough situation. Do they give some other type of accolade after a possible 60 game season is finished? Do we go ahead and give the big World Series trophy? Do we go until the end of December? What will we do?

Your move Manfred... your move.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017