Tuesday, January 21, 2020

JETER GETS THE CALL. HE'S GOING TO THE HALL. THAT RHYMES


We'll treat this like a news story, because to be honest I don't care about Derek Jeter getting into the Hall of Fame unanimously. It doesn't matter to me. I have too many things in life to worry about than 1 dude's vote that didn't go Jeter's way to make him unanimous. You think Jeter cares about that? Nope. I don't either.  Bottom line for me is we knew he was getting in... today was the big day and he's going. Outstanding!

NBC Sports writes:


"The Hall of Fame announced their Class of 2020 on Tuesday night. Two players got in. Former New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter, who was one vote shy of being a unanimous selection, and former Montreal Expos and Colorado Rockies outfielder Larry Walker, who just squeaked in with 76.6 percent of the vote in his final year on the ballot."


One guy who I thought would get in was Curt Schilling. I mean, I can't stand the guy, but I respect him.  He should have gotten the call. And to be honest, I think Larry Walker was a pretty damn good player, but he's not Hall of Fame worthy.


But it's clear to me that these writers just don't want known PEDs players in... and so, that's why guys like Bonds and Clemens haven't gotten the call yet. And you know what? They will eventually... but it's my opinion it won't be for a long, long time. Remember, Bonds Pirate years were amazing.

Anyway... congrats to the big guy... Derek Jeter. I am so happy for you. I watched you play and loved you. I'm so happy you made it brother. Congrats.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017