Saturday, December 28, 2019

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING MIGUEL ANDUJAR... SOMEWHERE


I don't know for sure if Miguel Andujar is coming back to the Yankees.  I just read this article by Dan Martin of the New York Post and I'm convinced that seeing quotes from skipper Aaron Boone about Andujar's health only means one thing... they are letting the baseball world know that he is available.  But hell... what do I know?


Bleeding Yankee Blue are just a bunch of bloggers that predicted Ichiro coming to the Bronx (read HERE), Jacoby Ellbury signing here (and sucking HERE) and Giancarlo eventually signing here too (HERE).  In other words... we know a lot.

My gut tells me that while I'm looking forward to seeing Miguel in 2020, it won't be in a Yankee uniform.  I swear to God I've seen this movie before. The Yanks are sending a shot over the bow to tell everyone that if you want to make a deal with them for Miguel, make it, because you will get a good, healthy player. We shall see.

Anyway, This is what the New York Post says:


"'With less than two months left before spring training, the Yankees still have Miguel Andujar and Gio Urshela slated to battle for third base, with Gleyber Torres moving from second to shortstop to replace Didi Gregorius

[Andujar] is doing really well,’ Boone said Friday at Yankee Stadium, where he was on hand to do the pregame coin toss prior to the New Era Pinstripe Bowl that saw Michigan State top Wake Forest, 27-21. 'I expect him to be ready to go for spring training.'’’


Now one thing to point out here... Urshela is a dynamic defensive player. What worked for him is that his bat followed fantastically too last season and we really saw a player that we didn't even realize we were getting offensively. And so, Gio gets major points here.  Andujar in my opinion, while good, is still developing... and his defensive is no where near what Gio's is. And for me, that's a red flag when it comes to whether or not Miguel stays.

Hey, they could platoon these guys I suppose. Both of their bats are great. I just don't see it.  I could be wrong and that's fine... just my gut talking folks... and when my gut talks... I usually write about it.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017