Tuesday, July 23, 2019

I DON'T WANT TO SEE PAXTON IN OCTOBER


Anyone else annoyed with how James Paxton pitches? He's not giving us much. He reminds me of Sonny Gray in a weird way.  And the bottom line is he's not consistent and not dependable.  Look, he knows that and I appreciate that, but it's July. He's gotta start to lock it up now.

The New York Post wrote this about what he said about his last appearance against the Rockies...

"He lasted just 3 ¹/₃ innings and allowed seven runs — four earned. 

'I lost my rhythm a little bit,’ Paxton said. 'I didn’t locate very well and was falling behind.' 

And while Boone said the weather might have been a factor, Paxton declined to use that as an excuse. 'It was hot, but everyone was playing in the same weather,’ the left-hander said."

That last line bothers me. Why bring up the heat? You have a job... do it. and If you can't you own it. While I appreciate the first part, I hate that he tried to couch it because of weather.

Look, I'm aggravated with the guy.  Although, Yanks go Yard is telling us not the panic.  Come on, man! Love those guys over there... but really?

"Your frustration with James Paxton is justified, but don’t panic. The Yankees have plenty of time to fix Paxton’s command before October."

With the game on the line in October... you really trust this dude with the ball after the incredible season we've had? No way.

Tighten it up Paxton. I won't call you Big Maple... it's stupid.

Shop for BYB Gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017