Tuesday, October 16, 2018

BYB... FREE HUGS

Photo: AP
Quick note and I had to share this because ultimately, this is what BYB was put in place for. To spread the love as Yankee fans.

Joey Moses and I have been friends since we met in New York City back around 2011.  We had a pint together. Charles, his father was there too and since then we have been tight, talking all the time even though he's from Australia, and I'm in New York.  These days it's more about life and family than it is about the Yankees. That's because we have a bond like brothers. Baseball does that to people, what can I say.


Last week I wrote THE MOMENT YOU LONG FOR AS A BASEBALL FATHER. The moment was raw, and very real and my emotion came out in that 24 hours.  But this is what gets me all fuzzy inside... what happened next.

My buddy Joey wrote me this:

"Absolutely loved the article “the moment you long for as a baseball father”!! I know exactly what you were feeling, because I’ve been on the other end of it. Nothing like being at the ballgame with your old man. I’m so over the moon you got to share that moment together, brother. It is the most surreal moment, being a Yankees fan inside Yankee stadium, and looking to your side to see your father cheering on the Bronx bombers with you. God bless you both. What an amazing memory your son who will always have that moment with him for the rest of his life.

God bless you all,

Joey Moses"

That's the bond we have here folks. For the baseball fans that try to come down on BYB because we don't post 9 stories a day on irrelevant Yankee stories that mean nothing, there's at least 1 or 2 of these types of stories bi-monthly that we post that put it all in perspective.  This is life folks.  Believe it or not, it's bigger than the Yankees.  Sometimes we need to just let people know we love them, we like them... or this...

I smiled at this one.

Happy Tuesday everyone.  Thanks to all the BYB freaks out there.  I am in a better place in my life knowing you are in this journey with us.

Many thanks.


BYB Stack Merchandise (2017)


http://shrsl.com/?hb1w


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017