Friday, September 23, 2016

LOOKS LIKE CASTRO COULD BE BACK!


We were just talking about the Yankees injury report in YANKEE INJURY REPORT & THE SEPTEMBER LIMP and that we really didn't know the status of Starlin Castro, but we expected him to be done for the season.

We wrote: "Starlin Castro is done for 2016. We saw the hammy pull and many are disappointed about it; I know I was.

MLB.com writes: 'Yankees believe that Starlin Castro's first season in pinstripes could be over after he was diagnosed with a Grade 1 strain of his right hamstring, sustained in a 6-5 loss to the Red Sox on Saturday at Fenway Park.'"



But that may not be the case.  The New York Post writes: "Castro ran on the treadmill at the Yankees minor league complex on Thursday in hopes of getting back on the field at some point during the next four days in Toronto...Asked if he expected to play versus the Blue Jays, Castro said, 'For sure.'

Manager Joe Girardi insisted before Thursday’s 2-0 loss to Tampa Bay that Castro could be back.
'That’s my hope,' Girardi said. 'I don’t know if it’s realistic. … I hope we get Castro back fairly soon. We’ve got to see where he’s at.'”

Hopefully we see the dude. I know our playoff chances are slim, but I liked having Castro in the lineup this season and I like that he wants to be out there.



20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017