Wednesday, September 21, 2016

YANKEE INJURY REPORT & THE SEPTEMBER LIMP


The Yanks are like the guy that tries to crawl over the finish line in a big race. I call it the September limp.  They always seem to be in this spot, year after year.  Yes, there was hope with the youth movement this year, and it's been very exciting. But in reality, I just don't know if we can get to the playoffs this year.  I mean, we're back to wishing we can sneak into the playoffs with the Wild Card after being swept by the Red Sox this past weekend. But here's the reality, and listen up folks; even if we make it, The playoffs will feature a series like the one we just played in Fenway. That's right, very good teams are in the post season and so, while I love the idea of making it, let's be honest... do you expect much? I don't. I'm Sorry. I hope we make it, I really do, but the walls are closing in.

Anyway, this wasn't supposed to be a rant piece, just alttle commentary on the Yankees and their limp in September and an update on a few Yankees who were and are injured.


We all know about Jacoby Ellsbury.  He was suffering from that bone bruise on his knee.  We all thought it was worse, but the good news is Ells is now gonna return to the lineup today... so we got that going for us.  I kid, but the reality is, Ellsbury has been doing good things for us lately so I'm hoping it continues.


Starlin Castro is done for 2016. We saw the hammy pull and many are disappointed about it; I know I was.

MLB.com writes: "Yankees believe that Starlin Castro's first season in pinstripes could be over after he was diagnosed with a Grade 1 strain of his right hamstring, sustained in a 6-5 loss to the Red Sox on Saturday at Fenway Park."

If anything changes, we'll let you know, but we doubt it.


Chase Headley is out.  Donovan Solano is in. Remember that stiff back thing and Headley and it's something he's been battling for much of his career lately.


Well, that's lingering again, and the Yanks brought up minor leaguer Solano to replace him.  Who knows if Headley will be back this season. I know... many of you don't care if he is.  Whatever the case, we wish the guy well. I hate to see players injured.

That's the report from BYB.  Enjoy that.

Go Yanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017