Sunday, May 17, 2015

THE STOPPER!


When you're on a 5 game losing streak, you need a win fast.  When it was revealed that CC Sabathia would be on the hill last night, people groaned.  Not me.  I'll tell you why;  He had a strong start last game and I just had a feeling. 


I know, call me CC's biggest cheerleader, I don't care. I just want the guy to succeed, he's a gamer.

Sabathia went 7 innings giving up 6 hits but just 1 run.  He had good stuff and luckily the Yankee offense was able to get some runs for the guy. 


The Yankees scored 1 in the 3rd when Carlos Beltran sacrificed home 1 run.  Then in the 5th, Chase Headley hit a 3 run homer.  Then, in the 9th, alittle insurance... Alex Rodriguez hit a solo shot. 


Dellin Betances and Andrew Miller came in to shut the door.  It was important to get this win, so Girardi went to his biggest guns in the pen, even though Miller wouldn't be getting the save.  I have no problem with that.

Overall, a great showing all around and now the Yankees are back on track.  Can they keep it up? I bet you they can.

Final: Yankees 5 - Royals 1

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017