Saturday, May 9, 2015

"HEY CASEY, WHERE ARE YOU?"

I've had a busy 48 hours. Between work, the kids, family stuff and baseball... it's been insane.


In the midst of it all, I did something that I have never done in the history of BYB.  Yesterday, May 8th, 2015, I didn't post of BYB.  I forgot.  I swear to God.  I woke up, ran to work super early, got home early, ran to birthday party that my kid's friend had.


Then I got to a baseball field for a tee ball game, then to my older son's tryout, then home for a glass of wine with my wife right around 8 o'clock.  It was in the afternoon that I realized that I neglected my second family... you.
I felt really bad about it. But here's the thing, I knew you would get it, and so, I just needed to let you know what was happening.  Thanks for understanding.  The emails and tweets that followed let me know that I was at the right place at the right time and support is always a good thing.


Here's the amazing part. You still came to BYB yesterday. You still clicked away, and I don't know if you were looking for updated stories or just realizing I was MIA and just decided to check out the archive, but you came to us anyway.  You looked at old stories, like these:


KIDS TO WATCH: TY HENSLEY

AN OPEN LETTER TO YOUR SON'S LITTLE LEAGUE COACH

MICHAEL PINEDA: THE ACE

STAYING HEALTHY IS A FULL TIME JOB


JOHN RYAN MURPHY: THE RIGHT CHOICE

YOUKILIS, CABRAL, KATE UPTON & SOMETHING FOR THE LADIES

YANKS BEAT SOX & AROD'S 660


40ISTHENEW20: A LAURA POSADA EXCLUSIVE

Some of you are perverted, but let's be honest, back when I wrote that Kate Upton one above, I was still building a readership.  Here it is again...


Boom. 40 clicks.

The point is, you, our audience came to us without being prompted.  You were checking in to see what we had to say.  You wanted to engage us. And you know what? That's a family.  That's what we wanted when my and my writers came together to make this crazy thing.  It's cool as hell, and we're blessed to have you with us.

Family comes first.  I know you know that, but when my direct family needs me carpooling them around town and my wife and I barely seeing each other because we're running around like maniacs... that's life.  I could have came home last night and fired up the computer when I got home from baseball and just ignored my wife and a nice bottle of wine and cranked out a few pieces, but that wasn't where my head was at.  I needed to to chill and talk about the day with my best friend.  You get it, and I love it.  Thank you.

So, to Greg, who wrote me "Where are you?"  I laughed when I saw that email.  I wasn't laughing at you. I was laughing at the fact that I only know you because of what we put on paper for you guys every day... yet, you're looking for me.  I got a chill.  I thought it was funny, but you're right Greg, I should have written you guys yesterday.  Fact is, I couldn't, I was incredibly busy... and that's OK.

Hey, BYB is still here... we're growing.  We have the best writers in the world, the best audience, and we're all kind, like minded individuals, yet our opinions are vast.  I built this from scratch and now we have an audience... how freaking amazing is that?


So thanks for tracking me down.  Thanks for understanding.   Thanks for coming to us for Yankee news and opinion... and just to check in.  We are blessed here.... I couldn't be happier about that.



You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017