Saturday, August 16, 2014

TANAKA, THE MOUND & HOPE

Quick update on the Golden Child, Masahiro Tanaka.

As you know, last week Tanaka threw 10 fastballs on flat ground to see how he felt.  You can read it here in TEN PITCH TANAKA.


Now, the latest is he is going to throw from the mound in an attempt to take yet, another step.

According to Chad Jennings of USA Today: "The plan is for Tanaka to throw a 25-pitch bullpen Saturday. It will be, without a doubt, his most significant step yet in this attempt to rehab his way back from a partially torn elbow ligament."

Elbows scare the crap out of me, I'm gonna be honest with you. I love that we have Tanaka, but I have to ask, why rush back?  It's clear our pitching isn't the problem.  Our offense sucks.  Tanaka is a good soldier, and he knows if he's back, it helps the club, but we have what we have, and if Masahiro gets hurt, no doubt he'll need surgery and be gone all next year.  Just rest, bro.


As Tanaka said about the whole thing:

"If I can't throw the way I want to throw on the mound or in the bullpen, then there's no way I'll be able to throw that in a game... So definitely, the bullpen will be important."

I love the honesty.  I love that he's not trying to fool anyone.  Cross your fingers ladies and gentlemen... and I'm not even saying that because I want him to be successful, that's a given. I'm saying it because I want him to NOT get hurt. Health is my personal concern.

Good luck today, kid.

 You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017