Thursday, August 14, 2014

TEN PITCH TANAKA


Good news on the Masahiro Tanaka front.  According to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com, Tanaka is inching closer to returning to the Yankees rotation.  There is no question I long for this moment... but can he hit too? I kid, I kid.

Anyway, Hoch writes:


"The 10 fastballs that Masahiro Tanaka fired across the flat ground of Camden Yards’ outfield grass on Wednesday afternoon may not seem like much, but they represented another important step as the right-hander works to return to the mound this season."

Quite simply, this helps Tanaka's velocity and we'll see how he feels today. My biggest concern is if he gets hurt after his return. Could that blow his chances with us for next season? It's gotta be baby steps.


And look, let's be honest here. I also find it strange that this guy who pitched 7 years in Japan going over 1300 innings pitched, suddenly he comes to New York, and gets hurt.  I'm not accusing the Yankees here of anything, but I am asking the question once again... is conditioning in New York a problem? Could the injuries to CC Sabathia, Ivan Nova, David Phelps, Michael Pineda, while different injuries, all be wrapped up into 1 word... Condition?  Are they connected? Again, it's a question. I don't know routines these players go through and I sure as hell don't want to get wrapped up in a debate on what these guys need to stretch out daily. I'm not a trainer, but it's alittle strange that our entire rotation has problems.


Whatever happens, I hope Tanaka is back on the mound soon, but he's got to be back 1 way, HEALTHY.
No need to rush... it doesn't seem like we have a shot in hell this year anyway.

I leave you with this.  It was quote from Tanaka:
“I think I have a chance, if everything progresses the way I want it to..."
 How do you NOT like this kid?

 You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017