Saturday, April 19, 2014

REMEMBER IKE DAVIS? HE'S NO LONGER A MET


Now look, BYB was one of the first sites out there to suggest that if the Yankees wanted to go cheap for a replacement at first, and we didn't want a guy like Russ Canzler to come up, or even bring up a baby bomber, we should try and trade with the New York Mets for Ike Davis.  Davis is good defensively and someone we could temporarily utilize in that position until Mark Teixeira could come off the disabled list. Plus, the guy can hit...sometimes.  Well, that idea's gone... Ike Davis was traded.

I know it's not a Yankee thing, but I wanted to at least mention that Ike Davis was traded to the Pirates yesterday for Zach Thornton and a player to be named.  That news comes from the Pirates themselves:
Smart move. Sure, you may not care, and you won't lose sleep over it.  But I always liked Ike Davis.
 

Maybe it was because of his big splash when he first came to the Mets, or maybe it's because I always liked his dad Ron Davis. But whatever the case, I at least wanted to keep you in the loop.  Davis has been lingering out there for a while now.  Now at least he can concentrate on his abilities in Pittsburgh.


I wish the guy well and secretly, I hope he kicks ass with the Pirates!

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017