Wednesday, April 9, 2014

ORIOLES STING YANKS


It went OK, but  we ran out of time. 

Masahiro Tanaka made his Bronx debut and he struck out 10 Orioles batters tonight.  All was well on that end.  There was literally 1 mistake he made and that was giving up a 3 run home run to Jonathan Schoop in the 2nd inning.  In 7 innings, he gave up only 3 runs, enough time for the Yankees to catch up. Then, in the 9th, the Orioles tacked on 2 more against Shawn Kelley


Sure, the Yankees scored 1 in the bottom of the 9th, but they couldn't tie it of, have a nice walk off. 
Damn... who misses Mariano Rivera right about now?


The run scoring for the Yanks went like this; In the bottom of the second, Carlos Beltran hit a homer, his first as a Yankee.  Shortly after that, Kelly Johnson cranked out his second of the season.  In the fourth, Alfonso Soriano grounded out but Beltran scored.  Then, in the bottom of the 9th, it was Brian Roberts who sacrificed Soriano home. 

Now, truth be told, this was a close one, and a one the Yankees probably should not have lost, but they did.  I always like to play the Red Sox series off a win, but we'll have to settle on losing the series to the O's and sucking it up and moving on. 


I realized 2 important things about tonight; In the past, guys like my friend Orioles Rob would bust my horns on Twitter right about now about this loss, but I heard nothing tonight.  That means he's drunk in a gutter somewhere giddy about this win, or he's just being nice to me.  Respect my friend.


Secondly, I think I jinxed my buddy Ant today. He was doing his fantasy team and I suggested he make a quick fix and pick up Yangervis Solarte because he's so hot right now.  Well, Solarte only got 1 hit tonight, I was expecting more.  I'm sure I'll get my balls broken tomorrow. After all, he's Italian, I'm Italian... it's what we do. We talk with our hands a lot and say the F word.

Final: Orioles 5 - Yankees 4

We come back tonight and win. It's all we can do... Go Yanks!

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017