Wednesday, April 9, 2014

IT'S ARMAGEDDON! CASEY & SELIG AGREE!


I have never really agreed with Bud Selig about anything.  I never thought he truly understood what was in the best interest of baseball fans and it all started when he turned a blind eye in PEDs use after millions of us fans stopped going to baseball games after the 1994 strike.  When the home runs started drawing us back, and players were coming into the clubhouse bigger than ever, many fans knew what was going on, and so did Bud Selig. But the money was pouring in again, so, why not just turn a blind eye?  By the way, that is MY opinion of how it went down. It may not be fact, but I know I'm not the only one who believes that.


But  that's not all I hated about the way he runs things. I never liked the way he called an All-Star game a 7-7 tie in 2002.  Baseball... a tie. How un-American is that?  I hated it and I still see him shrugging in my dreams.

I never liked the drug policy MLB baseball put in place. I thought it should have been much stricter.  Now, luckily, MLB IS getting tougher, but that's just because Bud's leaving and he wants to be the commissioner that cleaned up baseball.  How do I know that?


Because, AGAIN, my opinion, he treated Alex Rodriguez like a rapist and murderer, yet Barry Bonds is walking around Giants spring training camp, and Big Papi is a hero in baseball... even though he's allegedly still trying to figure out how he could have tested positive in 2003 for PEDs. Remember that?


No matter, Selig can embrace his boy all he wants. I guess Big Papi is good for baseball and his wallet and ARod isn't.  For the record, I am saddened by Alex and his antics, but I'm merely focusing on the double standard here, the one every Yankee fan sees, whether you like Alex or not.

Well, it's official.  Bud Selig and I agree on something.  It has to be Armageddon, right?


MLB has announced that the top reliever in each league will receive an award named after the top relievers of all-time in Saves in each league. Mariano Rivera and Trevor Hoffman are those individuals.


As you know, Mariano has 652 all time saves in his career.  Hoffman has 601.

Look, I love this idea and sure, Selig drives me crazy, but this is a classy move... so, I won't beat on him when it comes to this decision. In fact, I applaud him.

Don't worry... I'll be mad at him again tomorrow...

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017