Friday, March 28, 2014

I JUST THREW UP IN MY MOUTH ALITTLE...


Not sure if any of you saw this, but it appears that the Detroit Tigers have offered Miguel Cabrera a 10 year extension worth $292 million to keep him in their uniform until he's 40 years old. It's being reported HERE that the deal is done.

I have a question... What the fuck is going on? Sorry about that.  Look, I think this is outrageous for any team, any player and sure, the guy is mad talented, but he also likes to drive under the influence and beat his wife. Clearly that doesn't factor into the equation.  No one thinks this is alittle silly here?


Sure, I guess some would suggest that you can't incorporate his bad behavior off the field with his talent on the field.  OK, I disagree to some degree on that.  Buster Olney of ESPN tweeted this:
First off, he's appreciated as a player Buster, not respected.  Anyone who hits a woman has strikes against him.  I really don't give a crap that he's reformed and been forgiven.  But here's the other part of that Tweet... You're damn right teams are appalled!  Now every player in the game is going to ask for a 10 year deal with big money attached...or they walk!  It's like a freaking ransom.  It puts pressure on teams to pony up big money for athletes that are guaranteed to break down for the length of their contract.  It's ridiculous. What is Detroit thinking?


Look, in the end, this deal will look as bad as signing Alex Rodriguez and Albert Pujols for that long.  Players get old. Old players get hurt and all that money owed to a broken down athlete looks pathetic and sad for the club that made the deal about 5 years in.  I was under the impression that signing players long term like this was over, but I guess not.


Let me close by saying that as an athlete, I like Miggy. He hits the ball harder than anyone I've seen in a long, long time. He puts on a show. That being said, this deal satisfies no one... except for Miguel Cabrera.


 Don't worry though, people still won't hate him as much as ARod...

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017