Thursday, March 13, 2014

I GET A KICK OUT OF FRANCISCO CERVELLI

I thought this was funny and it's just a quick post, but you'll be amused.


As you know, there is plenty of chatter about Francisco Cervelli possibly being traded to either the Arizona Diamondbacks (Read YOU CAN COVET ANOTHER TEAM'S CATCHER), or the Chicago White Sox, (Read CERVELLI WANTED & CERVELLI MAY BE TRADED.)

Yesterday in the Yankees tie against the Detroit Tigers, Cervelli put out 2 home runs.  Pete Caldera of the Bergen Record has some quotes from Cervelli and I wanted to share them:

He spoke about his shortened season last year: "It was a hard time. Honestly, it was a year you want to forget...My dream is to be a starting catcher, [but] right now my role is backup."

Dreams are good and that's why I like Cervelli, he's passionate, he loves the game but doesn't sit there with no emotion, he puts it out there.


When asked about his power yesterday, he said, "I think I'm going to sleep well."  You need to smile at that. That brings me back to Little League and having a good game.  At that moment, no one can wreck a good day.  Treating baseball like a game takes the pressure off. I tell my son that every day.

But this is the funnier quote of the whole Caldera piece from Cervelli, and off the heels of that trade chatter, I laughed:

"I’m going to hide … because if they call me into the office, that’s scary, you know?" 


I do know. Sometimes you work your tail off and you're either noticed by your team... or another team longs to have you.  The world of uncertainty for Cervelli... but he knows he just needs to keep plugging away, no matter what. In the end, the dude will have a job somewhere, as long as he keeps working hard.

Fun quotes, thanks Pete.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.