Friday, March 14, 2014

AJ BURNETT TALKS ABOUT HIS DAYS IN THE BRONX


Here is an interesting tidbit about AJ Burnett. We all know that Burnett did not have a great time here in New York. After being great for us his first season in pinstripes, he kind of fell apart. Well he is saying that he has learned from his time here.

"'I tried to do more than I was capable of doing, to prove to myself and the world that I was worth it,' he said. 'After playing with Doc, I got away from the one-pitch-at-a-time theory in New York. It didn't matter if I didn't hit on a pitch or if my mechanics were off - I've got to make another pitch. That wasn't on my mind. It was, 'What's happening? I've got to fix this.'" 


You can read the full article HERE. Whether you like AJ or not, you have to appreciate his honesty here. And the truth is, he went on to have the best two years of his career in Pittsburgh. He is a talented pitcher. That much is easy to see. He just didn't have it here. He also had this to say about Yankees fans:

"Those fans were great, and they were on me because I gave them a reason to. If I go out there and do what AJ's capable of doing, we don't even have this question."

And this about the experience itself:

"I learned a lot in New York. I take it all as a positive. My three years there were not good at all, but believe me, it had nothing to do with the market. I'm older. I get it now." 



AJ will be pitching with the Phillies this season, and all the best of luck to him this coming season. Regardless of his performance here, I can't help but like the guy, and root for him. I know may be in the minority here, but I'm okay with that.



--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer
Twitter: @e_morales1804





You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.