Friday, January 17, 2014

WHY HAVEN'T WE SIGNED PAUL MAHOLM?


I've been screaming about lefties in the Yankee pen for a while now.  Then, we finally let Boone Logan walk away, something I was definitely supported, but I was definitely disappointed when my favorite lefty, Clay Rapada asked for his release from the Yankees last season.  Clay eventually signed a minor league deal with the Los Angeles Angels, read WISH OUR BUDDY CLAY RAPADA WELL...


Hey, that sucked, but I thought the Yanks would have least have an alternate plan in all of this. After all, having a few lefties in the may not be a top priority, but it is essential in baseball.  Remember Mike Stanton? You know what I'm saying...


Right now the Yankees have Matt Thornton, a veteran lefty. That's a big upside as we turn the page past Logan. I like that, but we need more than just Thornton, trust me.  We do have Cesar Cabral and Vidal Nuno. 2 youngsters who could be a huge help.


But Vidal Nuno should be made strictly a srtarter.  Cabral on the other hand is a nice idea in the pen, I am not sold on him yet.  David Huff? Hmm. Sure, on that occassion that we need to call him up in case of an injury to one of our guys, then I'm on board.  Nothing against Huff, I just want to see someone else instead.


Paul Maholm.  Now look, this is just a fantasy at this point.  Maholm has been watched very closely by the Texas Rangers, and the Yankees should be in on that as well.  Why they aren't, I just don't know, unless they are just counting their money in a back room somewhere for Masahiro Tanaka... who knows.  But there is no question, while our rotation needs help, so does our bullpen.


Maholm is a 9 year veteran. He was 10-11 with a 4.41 ERA for the Braves last season and pitched 153 innings.  His career numbers give him more losses than wins, but depending on the team he was on, like the Pirates  for instance, maybe lack of offense, he may have not been given the right setting and support.  The Yankees lineup could be a boost for him, confidence wise, as well as performance.  All I'm saying is, I would love to give this guy a shot.

According to Jim Bowden of ESPN, the Rangers "checked in", according to Maholm.
So... why haven't the Yankees? Should they? Are we OK with the lefties we already have? What do you think? Tell us, comment.

And enjoy your Friday Ladies and Gentlemen...

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.