Tuesday, January 28, 2014

BYB KNOWS WHY POSADA IS CATCHING GIO THESE DAYS


So, you remember the Instagram picture a few weeks ago of Gio Gonzalez pitching to Jorge Posada right? Back then, I didn't understand how the connection between the 2 happened, but assumed it was them either being buddies, or perhaps Jorge was a mentor or something.  Well, lucky for you, you're about to find out. first off, they are both represented by the same agent, but there's more...

Check this out. It's from MASNSports.com's Dan Kolko:


"Gonzalez and Posada have met up each of the last two Tuesdays at the University of Miami baseball field, and Posada, a five-time All-Star and four-time World Series winner, has gone into his crouch behind the plate, ready to catch for the Nationals lefty.


For Gonzalez, it's been a thrill.


'I think Jorge is a great mentor,' Gonzalez said. 'He's a childhood dream, always dreamt of pitching to Jorge Posada. It's not that often you get a guy that is more than happy to catch a bullpen for you, especially with four titles. He's an inspiration, he's an idol. He's everything you could possibly think of and more... I remember he asked me, 'When are you throwing a bullpen?'  Gonzalez said. And I said, 'Well, I don't have a guy to catch me, but I'll find one.' And he goes, 'Well, I'd be more than happy to catch you'...  


I thought he was going to say, 'Oh, I'd love to go see (you throw).' And he said, 'No, I'd be happy to catch you.' I stepped back and I was like, 'No. Are you serious right now? You messing with me? Because this is for real, I would love for this to happen.' So he shows up one day with no mask or anything. Just a glove.'"


Freaking incredible.  Now, you all know that I loved watching Jorge play the game. I also adore the way he and Laura are together and admire and appreciate the way they are raising their kids.  This though... this story about how Gio and he got together this winter is the icing on the cake for me.  I love it.

I wanted to share this nugget... it's awesome.

Enjoy your Tuesday.... way to go Jorge! Hip Hip!

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fasted growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017