Wednesday, December 25, 2013

CHRISTMAS EXCLUSIVE: AN INTERVIEW WITH MY 2ND BORN


I have a sweet 10 year old who I call “Peanut” in my life. (Read REVISITING THE DENT HOME RUN BECAUSE OF MY PEANUT.) He’ll always be my peanut, even when he’s in his 40s.  He knows this… and what makes it sweeter is, he’s OK with that.  Over the years, he’s worked hard to get what he wanted in life. He became an excellent swimmer for a while and he’s even worked hard to achieve a good academic ability. In all, he’s a good kid, with good friends and a good head on his shoulders.


Jokingly, I call him Ferris Bueller, because if my second born is out sick from school, the whole town is concerned.  If he goes to an event in town, everyone gravitates toward him.  He is loved, and it’s pretty sweet if you ask me.

He’s not a sporty kid, he’d much rather draw me a picture or play a video game.  But he takes care of his younger brothers, he helps us around the house. I couldn’t be happier with how we raised him.

So, I wanted to so something special.  It was something I did with my oldest son last year when we released CHRISTMAS EXCLUSIVE: INTERVIEW WITH MY 10 YEAR OLD on BYB.  It’s my big interview with my second born.  Hey, it’s Christmas… we’re trying to keep things light.  Enjoy this… I sure enjoyed putting it together.

BYB: So tell the BYB readers what you see your father doing early in the morning and late at night?

My second born: Blogging and drinking coffee.

BYB: Is it bad that I started Bleeding Yankee Blue?

My second born: No. You have a goal.

BYB: What’s the most important thing to you right now when it comes to your family?

My second born: Shelter and people that love me. 


BYB: If I walked up to you and said that I had 2 tickets to go to Yankee Stadium, would you go with me?

My second born: Yes, because they always have good food there.

BYB: Well, what about the Yankees? You like them right? 

My second born:  Yeah. They usually play good.


BYB: Who is your favorite baseball team? 

My second born: The Pittsburgh Pirates because they are underdogs that are starting to come back.


BYB: Do you think you’ll ever go back to play little league baseball? 

My second born: No, I am officially retired because I’m not too good at kid pitch.

BYB: How important is it to you to be successful. Do you know what it takes to become successful? 

My second born: It’s as important as getting an A+ on a test. You work hard, you study and learn everything you can.


BYB: Do you remember watching the playoffs with me a few years ago and you bailed on me to play Club Penguin? Why did you leave your wing man? I needed you! 

My second born: Yes. I left to go play because the we finished eating the food and the game was becoming boring.

BYB: Do you ever search for BYB on the internet in your free time? 

My second born: No. I usually search funny YouTube videos.

BYB: Do you know that I love you? 

My second born: Yes, or course dad.

Well, there you have it. He's a sweet kid... I'm pretty lucky.  Enjoy your day ladies and gentlemen... Merry Christmas.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017