Sunday, November 10, 2013

KEVIN LONG'S COMING BACK

I just wanted to give you this piece of information, because I know about 90% of you have a hard-on for Kevin Long and want him off the Yankees coaching staff... me included, to an extent.  Long's staying.

(In Photo: Right here Derek Jeter can't believe Long's back either...I kid.)

In an Andy McCullough, Star-Ledger piece, he writes about it:  “'I talked to Cash, and we’re getting there,' Long said on Wednesday night during an interview on WFAN. 'They want me back, and of course, I want to come back. As soon as we get a deal done, I’m sure you’ll hear from Brian Cashman.'” 
  •  On November 8th, it was officially announced by the Yankees that he and the rest of the gang is coming back for another season. Hardball Talk simply wrote this: "Long and the rest of Girardi’s coaching staff will return for 2014, the Yankees just announced." 
I like Kevin Long and I'm sure personally, he's a real good guy, but I have mixed feelings about him after the 2013 season and after a bunch of failed playoffs.  I believe that after the 2012 season, he should have been let go. Sure, the Yankees are a bunch of professional hitters, but he's there for a reason... to get these professional hitters hitting.  To work out the mechanics, the fix extra movement... to have them drive through the zone.  Many times that gets lost in a pro hitter's mind, especially when they are grown adults who form bad habits.  The Yankees should have made a statement... the Yankees should have let the man go.

Whatever the case... we have him back for another season.  Let's cross our fingers... who's with me? Anyone? Anyone at all?

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017