Saturday, November 9, 2013

A PROVOCATIVE OPINION ON SELIG, AROD & THE INDIANS


A while back, I wrote a piece titled THE CAUSE BUD SELIG NEEDS TO MAKE A "HARD DECISION" ON. It was just an opinion on certain team logos that could be considered offensive as well as my thoughts about Bud Selig and his handling of certain decisions in baseball.

Now, as we all know, there are some Native Americans that could be offended by the Cleveland Indians logo and name and we've heard about them alot lately.  I'm a traditionalist when it comes to baseball, but like I said in my piece, "...if I woke up one morning to find the Bronx WOPS were a new club in the MLB... let's just say, I wouldn't be happy." In other words, I get it if someone is offended.


My friend Chris commented about my piece.  It's a great comment and I just wanted you to read it here on BYB rather than get lost in the comments section. I had to shorten it a bit, but you will get the gist of it when you read it... it's very interesting and a good comment... thanks Chris:
 
"First of all I agree with the opinion of Selig. The guy is a joke and never did make a decision worth a damn. Like you stated above, he looked the other way when all those home runs were hit. Then he took full responsibility for "Saving baseball".  Now he is making a mockery with his abuse of power when it comes to the ARod suspension. 


Whether you like ARod or not, the guy never tested positive during this fiasco like his boy from the Brewers did. Ryan Braun tested positive and made a fool of his teammates... 


But as most know that only happened because Selig is still on the board of the team he used to own in Milwaukee. Selig also made the Astros move to the AL and now we have this ridiculous inter-league play almost every day of the season.  Hey Selig, the imbalance was your fault in the first place! He was the one that changed divisions four times for the Brewers to get his team a better end of the season record.  


Since the 1970's the Brewers have been in 4 divisions and 2 leagues. I remember them being a rival for the Yankees. Selig petitioned to move them to the West because they could not beat the Yankees. Selig was best friends with the commissioner at the time, so it went without a hitch. He changed them 3 more times and now they are in the National League because he did not want to pay the escalating prices for the DH position. I could go on all day about the shady things this clown has done to this game but it only frustrates me thinking about it.


Now, for the other part of this... about the Indians. Why are the Indians always catching flack for this but no one ever says anything about the Atlanta Braves? I mean even the damn annoying chant they do with the tomahawks is so much more offensive then the Indians ever had going on. Cleveland has a drummer that has been going to every game for years, but that is not the only team with a drummer. 


The Braves SELL tomahawks to the crowd to hatchet away during games. I am part American Indian and to be honest, none of that bothers me except the stupid chant that goes on in Atlanta!  It only bothers me because it is annoying listening to that the entire game. It is annoying like that stupid Cow bell in Tampa. Only people that are over sensitive and have nothing better to do complain about the Indians. Political correctness has gotten out of hand!  They should worry more about our corrupted government that needs to be changed from top to bottom on the way it operates and the money they make, not about a name of a baseball team."

Hey... thanks for your thoughts Chris, we welcome all different opinions.  I appreciate it.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017