Sunday, October 13, 2013

THE CAUSE BUD SELIG NEEDS TO MAKE A "HARD DECISION" ON

You know I'm hard on Bud Selig.  I feel like this guy, who can't make a hard decision as baseball commissioner, thrust himself into the spotlight to be Superman for our children and save this great game and rid the sport of PEDs.  We all know that he's using Alex Rodriguez as an example right now, and we all know this is the same commissioner that looked the other way when baseball started coming back after 1994 when home runs brought in big money to Major League baseball again & fans returned.  I think it's safe to say, we're not stupid.  We fans know what's going on here.


I think of the decisions that Selig couldn't make.  Like something simple as not letting the All-Star game in 2002 have a winner.  Instead, he stood there shrugging his shoulders and deciding that a baseball game needed to end in a tie.  No baseball game ends tied.... unless it's a Tee-ball game and everybody wins.  Meanwhile, even those kids know that someone needs to win and someone needs to lose.

I find it interesting that this past week The National Congress of American Indians released a poster that really hit home.  Now, I don't want to get into a pissing match about who gets offended about what.  I mean, everyone kind of understands why the Cleveland Indians image and name can be taken as offensive by Native Americans, and every year they come out and yell "outrage." It's America, they have that right.  But it really hit home for me when the NCAI released their poster depicting the New York Jews and San Francisco Chinamen.  Now, I'm Italian, neither a Jew or Chinese, but I got. I REALLY got it this time.  It was a smart campaign and it opened alot of people's eyes.


I believe in baseball tradition, but I also believe in doing the right thing.  In the midst of this campaign, Bud Selig is silent.  He could be doing something noble here.  He could be sitting down with the NCAI, the Cleveland Indians, MLB Executives and trying to come up with an alternative.  But he's too busy trying to make sure the world knows that he was the commissioner that cleaned up baseball.  Hard decisions don't happen with Bud, because Bud can't make them, but he should. This time he really should.  Because if I woke up one morning to find the Bronx WOPS were a new club in the MLB... let's just say, I wouldn't be happy.

Now it's all a matter of personal opinion. I'm not saying you have to agree with me.  This piece isn't to sway you.  This piece is to make a point about our boy Bud.  Make a hard decision! You want to do something noble? You want to do something important? This is the cause you do it for.  Make a difference, don't just try and make yourself look good in you final days as commissioner, because now it's clear...you've been exposed.


I don't know... it's just a thought.  How many days until Bud leaves and hopefully Joe Torre takes over? I wish it was tomorrow. At least Torre knows something about making hard decisions.  He always did it for the game, not for himself... I have alot of respect for that.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017