Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I'LL MANAGE THE YANKEES IF GIRARDI REMAINS "TORN"


I was reading the Chicago Sun Times who is doing their best "New York Sports Tabloid" story trying to convince the city of Chicago that Joe Girardi may be interested in coming to the Chicago Cubs after all. He's "torn" apparently.  I sit here laughing, thinking to myself... "If Joe Girardi really wants a challenge, then stay in New York and get your fourth place team back to first place in 2014." Seems like a no brainer to me.  The Sun Times writes:

"...Girardi apparently remains torn between accepting an extension offer the Yanks made last week and walking away from it to formally talk to the Cubs.

As of late Monday, Girardi still had not accepted the offer reported to be worth $12 million to $15 million over three years.

He wants to formally explore the Cubs’ opening after weeks of back-channel feelers, according to sources. But industry sources familiar with the negotiations say the Yankees have made it clear their offer might not remain in play if he chooses to talk to other teams first."


The Yankees need to play hard ball and Joe needs to realize that his best option is in New York. Sure, it's nice to be wanted, but let's face it, the Cubs are a loser, and while you could make an argument that the Yankees are too, the difference is the familiarity and acceptance he will receive to come back to New York.  The Steinbrenners like him. Brian Cashman likes him. The players respect him and while the fans are a mixed bag, there is no question that Girardi deserves Manager of the Year for all he had to deal with.

And you know what? Who wouldn't want to remain manager of the New York Yankees post George Steinbrenner? It's the freaking Yankees?  You don't want it Joe? I'll take it. You want a break from winning? I'll take the reigns and win with that club!  This seems almost too strange to me that we have literally gone through the weekend and there still hasn't been a commitment to New York.  What's the excuse going to be... "Time to try something different?"  I'm not getting it. God, I hope this isn't about money, that would irritate me. 


It's my opinion that based on how Yankee brass tried to squeak by in 2013 signing spare parts... trust me... they would never duplicate that. Why? Because no one wants to lose. Their thinking was "if we squeak by with what we have in 2013 and win, that buys us time." Well, we didn't make it to the playoffs, the fans are pissed and there will literally be a mutiny if they try to pull that again.  So... they won't.  If Joe doesn't see that... I'm not sure what to say.

Joe, we appreciated you in New York.  You did good and we'd prefer to not see you go. But if you do... hey Cash... call me...I'm in.

For all of you laughing at the ridiculousness of this post... understand my point... shoot high and you never fail.  I'm shooting high... We all should, Joe included.  It's how you succeed. 

Do the right thing, Joe.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017