Tuesday, August 6, 2013

"LOOKS LIKE I PICKED THE WRONG WEEK TO QUIT SMOKING."

You've seen Airplane right? The film is a cult classic at this point and if you haven't, you must.  It's funny and in it, they're trying to land the plane with no pilot and Lloyd Bridges has plenty of one liners. One of which is, "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking."

Truth be told, I don't smoke, but I get on edge when the Yankees suck and I feel as though if there was one in front of me, I'd smoke it. Hell, I'd smoke the chair leg at this point... I'm a mess!


Hiroki Kuroda is our ace these days and he pitched well.  The problem was Chris Sale pitched just as good.  Kuroda went 7 innings, gave up 9 hits and 3 runs.  The Yankees were only able to score 2 tonight.  So, what else is new? They have no idea how to push runs across the plate... it's getting pathetic.

The Yanks scored 1 run in the first inning and the other in the 9th.  Alfonso Soriano scored on a wild pitch by Sale in the first, hardly a manufactured run. Then in the 9th, Brett Gardner singled and Ichiro Suzuki scored.  The end.  What a shit show man!


Like Ichiro above... There are things in life I wonder about.  I wonder why the Yankees, with all the talent they have, can have so much trouble scoring runs in clutch situations. I also wonder about why they got rid of red M&M's in the first place, because they brought them back and they taste the same as when the left (Read HERE).  I also think about that Armadillo in the Clashes 1980's video Rock the Casbah.


Why did they do that? And why do I think about that video all the time? No idea.

I know this... the Yankees need to turn it around... 57 - 55 is not a record I can get behind... not even close.  Oh and ARod tonight? 1-2 tonight with a walk.

Final: White Sox 3 - Yankees 2.

Oh, and here is a compliation of those Lloyd Bridges 1 liners... you might as well get a laugh while the Yankees suck...



The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017