Monday, August 19, 2013

CASEY'S A-TEAM


There are guys and gals you trust in life. I trust the Bleeding Yankee Blue writing staff and I trust the readers, you, who read us daily.  Your opinion matters. 

There is nothing worse than us slaving over a post for you to read, and immediately… and I mean IMMEDIATELY a reader will send me a note and say “HOW COULD YOU WRITE THAT, YOU HATE THE YANKEES!”  That my friends is a reader who didn’t read anything… EXCEPT THE HEADLINE. I know for a fact that many don’t read.  We write provocative headlines here sometimes and I can predict how many people will jump down my throat because they only read the headline.  All I’m saying is read our words… all of them, or maybe I should just write a headline blog. Hell, it would be a lot easier.

My writers are great and I recently wrote a piece titled CASEY'S ANGELS, smart women who write some pretty great stuff.  Well, there is also CASEY’S A-TEAM, 4 guys that I want to talk about today that do a pretty excellent job here.  They love to write too and they do it because they want you to enjoy yourself as you’re commuting to work, or having your coffee in the morning. 

Steve Skinner is a guy that, like me, have a million things going on in life.  But we’ve become good friends and we have the same values and in the end, he cranks out some of the best pieces that involve the Yankees that you will ever see.  He’s about quality, so while you don’t see him often, he’s just fine tuning his pieces… and he makes my life easier doing it.  I appreciate Steve and I’m glad to call him a friend, as well as an excellent writer for BYB.
(In Photo: Ike Dimitriadis holding my published USA Today Piece THE JETER EFFECT)
Ike Dimitriadis is another guy that has joined us and started last season just writing recaps for us.  In the winter, I wanted to retain him because I saw mad potential.  Ike and I like the same stuff and that involves the older players, the 1980’s always seems to pop into our conversations and the research and time he takes to put his pieces together is better than many out there, no question!  It’s refreshing and I appreciate his passion, it shows.

Rudy Laurens started writing with us this year and helped raise the bar.  Rudy is another busy guy, constantly with family, constantly doing things that are much more important than Bleeding Yankee Blue, but the guy is always willing an able to put a piece together for you guys, and has some great ideas.  He loves to write, loves to write for you and I appreciate all the effort he puts forth.  He’s a good dude with a love of the game and I'm glad he's there.

(In Photo: Chad R MacDonald revealing his BYB shirt at CitiField)
Chad R MacDonald is  a guy I have not seen around in a long, long time.  He’s a character, a family man and has the brain that I have… thinking of the nuggets that no one is thinking of.  We both love pop culture, collecting sports and star wars figures and he’s a big kid with a passion for writing that you will not see anywhere else on the net. That, I can honestly say, plus, I'm thrilled he's with BYB because I know he could go anywhere... but thank God he's with us.  Chad’s got a lot of balls in the air, always busy and he's always writing or doing something but he takes the time for our readers, and I appreciate it.  

Without these guys... without my group, Bleeding Yankee Blue is nothing.  Without you guys reading every day... BYB is nothing.  

Finally, let me say this; there have been people that have read this site since day 1.  For that, I thank you. We have not always been a gang of great writers.  This once started out with just me.  But BYB has never been about me and I never wanted it to be about only me.  I wanted a team and these days, the most perfect team I have ever had writes for me daily to create what has become the most interesting journey I have ever been on and hopefully for you too.  I applaud them for their help and volunteering and I applaud our readers for reading, sharing and enjoying us.  We're solid, and what started out as a brainchild for me, has become wonderful in every way... just like a family... just like a team.  

There ain't anything better than that, and to all you people that just don't understand that... well, I feel bad for you because you'll never understand team or family if you can't see what BYB is all about these days... and that's just straight talk, from a guy in a pretty great family... Bleeding Yankee Blue.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017