Monday, July 22, 2013

PED USE HAS IT'S EXCEPTIONS APPARENTLY


So, I can't figure this out... maybe you can.

Yesterday, I was casually on Twitter and the subject of PEDs came up like it always seems to do these days.  Ken Rosenthal from FOX Sports tweeted this:

I was puzzled. Apparently many others were as well.  So, like a good Yankee fan, a Yankee soldier I tweeted the following comment to Rosenthal:

Now, let me state right now for the record, I love Ken Rosenthal, but why in the world as a FOX Sports guy are you writing something like that on Twitter? Does anyone see anything wrong with that? Look, I understand everyone has blogs these days and if he were to write it on his, I'd have less of a problem with it.  But he didn't, he released it to the Twitter world and then, I might add... he disappeared... but not before he tried to clear the record... or at least attempt to. (In my world, all he did was make it worse):

So what does that mean?

I realized that Ken just dug himself deeper.  I quickly asked 1 simple question, a question that I believe as a journalist, reporter, whatever, you NEED to answer, especially if you making a jump that not admitting to PEDs, yet, testing for it is considered acceptable. I mean in this day in age, with the Biogensis scandal going wild, wouldn't it make sense to either keep your freaking mouth shut or at least explain yourself, especially if your under a networks umbrella like Kenny is?  I asked this:
Radio silence.  Why? It's not a hard question, especially if you're going to put that out there... later, I tweeted this:
Sure, maybe that was mean, but I'm sorry, something like that has to be explained. And for the record, I'm not a bully and neither should you be. I'm not posting this so you can rip Rosenthal, he's one of the many.  I'm just stating for the record... don't make statements about players getting less harsh penalties than others when the whole baseball world is about to explode in this new world of PEDs. That's all I'm saying...

And just to keep this in line with Rosenthal's Tweet.  That story about Ortiz testing positive for PEDs is HERE.  Check it out.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017