Thursday, May 2, 2024

EVEN STANTON SUPPORTERS CAN'T DEFEND THIS ONE!



I come home from a vacation and turn on my tv to catch up on some Yankee baseball, and hopefully a win against the Orioles. I didn't get what I was hoping for. Instead I watched the most embarrassing swing and miss I have ever seen in my life and then my X account went bananas!

Seriously, what the hell was this? What was he swinging at? I think I re-watched this video ten times just in disbelief. I've been critical of Giancarlo Stanton in the past but seriously, calling this a bad swing is an insult.


So I finally have something in common with a professional baseball player. I can easily do what Stanton just did. That pitch had ZERO chance of ever entering the strike zone. Stanton is just guessing at the plate. It was like he made up his mind to swing before the pitch ever left the pitcher's hand. What an embarrassment to the New York Yankees and brainless Brian Cashman.

I really want to believe in Stanton, because I want to see him succeed and help us win....but I am just not a believer. Aaron Boone tried to sell us all on this leaner, more athletic and healthier player and so far we have the leaner part. The healthier part is still too soon to tell and well.....he's definitely NOT more athletic. He just can't run the bases and he's not a position player no matter how much he wants to prove he is.


The Yankees have a problem here. Including this season, they still have four more years of this crippling contract and he's nothing short of a liability now. Sure, he's going to run into a fastball and knock it out every now and then, and as much as the Yankees love their sexy home runs they don't need just that. We need ballplayers, and good ones that are difference makers on the team.....that's not Stanton.

I'm just tired of watching the same failures from him season after season. Stanton has nothing to offer the Yankees....except some bad comedy and headaches. I wish the Yankees would cut their losses and dump him. It's time. 



--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017