Sunday, June 2, 2013

REMEMBER WHEN JOBA CHAMBERLAIN WAS PRESTON CLAIBORNE?

I don't know what it is, or maybe I do,  but when I see young Preston Claiborne, he reminds be alot of a young Joba Chamberlain. You remember right? Joba was the kid who came in, struck out a few and gave this fist pump dance of fury that we all fell in love with. 

Everyone loved Joba and now, a few years later, the majority of you are sick of Joba and his antics and everyone has moved on... to Preston Claiborne, who again... strangely reminds me of Joba Chamberlain.

Let me state for the record that I have no anger toward Joba. I like Joba and I want him to succeed, but it's becoming more and more clear to me that as Joba continues to pitch through this season, he is auditioning for another club as we reach the trade deadline. I believe that the Yankees are fed up.  I believe that Joba is starting to realize that his time in the Bronx is almost up, read HERE.  As this starts to happen, the Yankees uncover another young stud, Preston Claiborne. Not to say, "Hey, we need help in the pen", but to say subliminally,  "Yeah, we have another kid that can do the job too Joba... your days are numbered."


Preston Claiborne is a great, young pitcher. He's 25 years old.  In 11 games and 16.1 innings, Claiborne has a 0.55 ERA. He has 13 strikeouts and 0 walks.  While it's a small batch, it's a great batch of special things to come in his Yankees future.  Claiborne is confident, he's eager and more of all for all you anti-Joba Yankee fans... well, he's not Joba.  Instead, he's a new young stud who wants the ball and who won't offer trouble.  What has happened lately is many who have seen a "less than stellar" Joba with his alleged "troublemaker" role are just fed up.  They want the old Joba back, but know Joba isn't coming back and so, many have latched onto the next best "flavor". That flavor is... Preston Claiborne.

So I ask you; Do you remember when Joba was Preston?  Because I do and it was glorious.  Joba brought new, young life to an aging Yankee club and now, years later, Preston is doing the same... and many are hoping Preston comes with less baggage.  Is it fair? Not really, I mean Joba has offered alot to us, but it's the aggravation and annoyance that people are getting tired of and Preston doesn't have any of that.  When it's worded that way... who are you gonna put your money on?

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017