Saturday, June 22, 2013

I LIKE THE LILLIBRIDGE MOVE

Just want to keep you in the loop on this. It's minor, but important.  As you may have heard, or maybe haven't, the Yankees designated Reid Brignac for assignment earlier today, read HERE.   He was about the equivalent of Chris Nelson in my eyes, so I guess it's good that they moved Reid... no offense to Reid, I'm sure he's a nice guy.

To fill the hole, the Yankees acquired utility man Brent Lillibridge from the Cubs. The return will be cash considerations.  Lillibridge is 29 and with the Cubs AAA he was batting .281.


Look, I actually like this kid.  I remember a few years ago he single handily beat the Yankees when they played the White Sox.  Read WHY LILLIBRIDGE BEAT THE YANKEES. I've talked about "moments" at Bleeding Yankee Blue, and sometimes those moments are big.  No doubt Brent Lillibridge will never forget that moment beating the Yankees... and now he is one.  Wacky stuff!

The Cubs are apparently ready to sell and tonight, with the acquisition of Lillibridge, it's clear, but I actually think there is another player the Yankees should try and trade for... stay tuned for that on BYB tomorrow....

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017