Saturday, May 4, 2013

THE RUMORS I KEEP HEARING ABOUT TEIXEIRA

Many aren’t concerned about MarkTeixeira.  To be honest, it didn’t look like Mark Teixeira was too concerned about Mark Teixeira until Mark Teixeira spoke to the press right before that May 1st deadline and told Yankeeland that he was just not ready to come back on May 1st.  In a nutshell, the timeline was unrealistic and he wasn't better yet.  You can read about that in TEIXEIRA BACK MAY 1st? DON'T BE RIDICULOUS.

But now I’m hearing weird things.  One of which is that people believe this wrist injury is worse than we all thought and I’m not saying “back by the All-Star Break” worse… I’m saying I'm hearing it’s "season ending" worse… like maybe a surgery situation, much like Brett Gardner last year. Shocking? Hey, it wouldn’t surprise me at all to be quite honest, but I hope that's not the case.
(In Photo: Jose Bautista)
I also got a whiff of it being a "Bautista injury" (Read about that HERE). That injury, as you recall did not go well for Jose Bautista last year. I was told that it's one of those situations where we won't know if the wrist is officially healed until he's back and as my source says "takes a real game hack."  Trust me, if Tex isn't back, while it won't be a problem because we've seemed to have it under control, I do miss his bat in this Yankee lineup. 


Look, Mark Teixeira is a good ball player.  When he’s out there, he plays hard as hell, but I am still baffled by how a guy, who swings a baseball bat for a living can sprain a wrist in practice.  Doesn’t that baffle anyone? And how about the fact that he did it training for the World Baseball Classic?  Technically, it's not his job, it's voluntary. And sure, while it's amazing to represent your country, can't we just do that in the Olympics like we do for basketball?  I mean, don't get me wrong, the World Baseball Classic is great, but it's my opinion that it's held at the wrong time of year. They should really consider moving it, because it's my guess that we would not be in this position with Tex if he DIDN'T train for that competition.  

Look, I hope Tex is fine and I hope he's back by the beginning of June, but Lord knows that rumors are usually rumors because they're true.  Let's hope not in this case. In fact, this story by Mike Vorkunov of the Star Ledger suggests that Tex is "close."  He writes: "Teixeira hit off of a tee and toss for the third straight day today and all has gone accordingly so far. There is also a plan in place for his return as he works to come back from a right wrist injury he suffered in spring training. He will be taking batting practice outdoors within a couple of days, moving down to Tampa.

After he has taken a sufficient amount of batting practice, simulation games are the next step, then extended spring training, and lastly minor league games. He pit the process at anywhere from a week to three weeks."
(Read HERE.)

Let's pray Mike is right, I can't take all these Yankees on the DL.  It's terrible. 

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017