Wednesday, April 24, 2013

TEIXEIRA BACK MAY 1ST? DON'T BE RIDICULOUS


 

 Remember Balki Bartokomous from Perfect Strangers? He used to say "Don't be Ridiculous."  It was comedy genius and it made everyone laugh.  No one in Yankeeland is laughing right now.  Derek Jeter has a boot on his foot, Alex Rodriguez is out. Curtis Granderson is out. Kevin Youkilis has a bad back and now Mark Teixeira, who had a hard deadline of May 1st for his return after a sprained wrist... or whatever it is... will in fact NOT return on May 1st.  Moral of the story...  Don't give Yankeeland a hard deadline if you can't keep it. And that's not a message to Tex, that's a message to Yankee brass or the doctors, or whomever.  It's the world's biggest cock block, especially because we really want our stars back. I'd rather they say "We don't know" and then it just happens. Instead, we have dates in our head and nothing actually takes place on those dates. I hate it.

CBSSports.com is reporting that Tex won't be back May 1st.  Read HERE. Dayn Perry writes: "Teixeira says his wrist is not yet well enough to allow him to hit, but he still hopes to return to the lineup at some point next month. 'Obviously, I was being as optimistic as I could,' Teixeira said. 'I wish that the very first time I swung a bat, I'd be like, 'Wow, I feel 100 percent.' But the chances of that happening weren't there, but I was always going to hope for that and prepare for that.'"

Whatever.  Hard deadlines that don't come true kill morale.  I want Tex back but all this hurry up and wait crap is for the birds.  Get back to us bro, please!

 Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017