Monday, May 13, 2013

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT

I thought it would be easy to write about the Yankees when they won.  It was, and then they just keep winning and all I can do is somehow think of different and catchy headlines and combine them with pop culture and hope you're entertained. Is it working?  The Yankees are alright, in fact, they are better than alright... they're great.  It makes me wonder what happens when guys like Curtis Granderson and Mark Teixeira come back... seriously.

The Yanks won 4-2 yesterday against the Royals.  The Yankees big inning was the 3rd when they scored 3 runs. Robinson Cano hit a 2 run homer and then Vernon Wells hit a solo shot.  At that point the Yanks had taken the lead 3 to 1. Later on, Vernon Wells singled in Brett Gardner to give the Yanks 4.  The Royals only scored 1 more run.

Hiroki Kuroda went more than 7 and gave up 6 hits and 2 runs.  He was followed by David Robertson and then came the great Mariano Rivera who got save #15.  Game over, Yankees win... again.

I'm happy right now... I'm very, very happy with my club.  We're awesome... that's the bottom line.

Final again: Yankees 4 - Royals 2. By the way, that's 5 straight wins... a winning streak.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017