Saturday, May 18, 2013

O'NEILL FAN GIRL, A GIRL SCOUT, & THE YANKEES WIN

Today was Girl Scout Day at Yankee Stadium. They are celebrating 100 years of Girl Scouting in NYC. Cheers, ladies! Just so happens that I am a Girl Scout mom, and got to spend the day with my daughter and her troop in the "House that Jeter Built." As if that wasn't cool enough, I also saw Paul O'Neill! You know me and us here at BYB , we love the Warrior!
Of course, I had a fan girl moment that involved some squealing, and complete loss of motor skills for a moment. Trust me, it gave the girls a good laugh at my expense. By the way, be sure to read my recent piece on Paul O'Neill titled PAUL O'NEILL TAUGHT ME ABOUT LIFE.

Anyway, not to get off track... there was also a game today.  It seemed like the Yankees wanted to leave a lasting impression on the girl scouts today!  David Phelps pitched a phenomenal game, only giving up one run in the 4th inning.

The only other run the Blue Jays scored came off David Robertson in the 8th inning, when Edwin Encarnacion hit a homer.


Brett Gardner got the party started for the Yanks in the 3rd inning. But the real hero of the day was Robinson Cano. Robbie hit a two, 2-run homers in the 3rd  and 5th inning inning. Travis Hafner also belted a 2-run homer in the 8th inning. I guess that shoulder's OK, huh?

Bonus! Then the girls got the opportunity to go out on the field to represent their troops! Pretty sure that was the highlight of my 7 year-old's day. 

The Final today: Yankees 7 - Blue Jays 2

Go Yankees Go!


--Erica Morales, BYB Writer
Twitter: @e_morales1804


 
 
Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017