Monday, May 20, 2013

GUESS WHAT MARK TEIXEIRA'S STILL NOT DOING?

Remember when Brett Gardner kept having setbacks last season because he had wrist problems? I almost feel like Mark Teixieira is going the same route.  And look, I'm no doctor, I'm a fan, but I see the way the Yankees operate and they always leak out a positive with their injured before a negative comes out.  This morning, there seems to be another negative with Teixeira.

MLB.com's Spencer Fordin reports HERE that: "Teixeira is eligible to be reinstated from the 60-day disabled list at the beginning of June, but the Yankees still aren't sure of his trajectory. Teixeira has been able to take tee-and-toss batting practice, but he's still waiting to ramp up to a rehab assignment in the Minor Leagues... 'He has not taken live BP. He's going to have to get some swings,' said Girardi. 'And the tricky part for him is left-handed, right-handed, having to do both.'"

(In Photo: Lyle Overbay)
Trust me, this isn't good.  I don't like what I'm hearing and reading lately about Mark Teixeira's injury. Couple that with Brian Cashman being both "Worried" and "Concerned" HERE about Tex.

Luckily we have Lyle Overbay.  Do we need Mark now? No, but eventually we will need him.


Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017