Wednesday, May 22, 2013

CLIFF LEE SENDS A MESSAGE TO THE YANKS

I suggested that if the Phillies become sellers at the deadline, the Yankees should try to engage them and attempt to lock in Cliff Lee. It's not the craziest idea I've come up with, and I'm not the only one that has. Read HERE COMES THAT CLIFF LEE RUMOR AGAIN  for context on that shortly after I put that out a few weeks ago, I was greeted with this comment:
Hey look, I've told you a thousand times, I don't take myself too seriously. I do however think. No, I'm not a baseball insider, I'm a baseball fan, and hey, I must not be too off here because Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.com, a "real" baseball insider just wrote this (HERE): "Phillies star Cliff Lee said he “hopes'' the Phillies turn it around, and it wouldn't do him any good to think about the alternative.

But if the alternative does come to pass, and he does go on the trading block, it sounds like Lee can deal with it."


And that's what I found interesting.  Cliff Lee WANTS to go to a winner.  He WANTS to go to a contender and says: "I definitely want to win. I want to be on a winning team." Then I got to thinking that if the Yankees ARE winning and they need to find another starter, would they go for it?  Would he? Don't forget that I wrote something very similar... "there is no doubt that the timing could be right and even if Lee didn’t want to come to New York, he would at least want to come to a competitor, plus he’d be with his bud, CC Sabathia... only for a short time."

Again, I'm a fan, I usually write like I'm thinking out loud, but hey, Lee clearly wants to win and I see the future right now. I see Brian Cashman doing his secret deals, the deals we wake up to in the morning and Lee is in pinstripes by the deadline.  Then again... What the hell do I know... but it sure is fun to think about.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017