Wednesday, May 15, 2013

AN AVALANCHE NAMED IBANEZ

Hey.  Do you remember when Raul Ibanez told Bleeding Yankee Blue how excited he was to be back in pinstripes?  I remember it clearly. It was right before Christmas.  It was in our BYB EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Raul, when he said the following: "I can't wait to come back to the Yankees!"

It was clear then that the Yankees would get him back.  Then we heard the Yankees and Raul were talking.... then nothing.  Then we found out that Raul signed with the Mariners.  The reason? The Yankees never made Raul an offer. I quickly whipped up YANKEE FANS REVOLT: "ENOUGH'S ENOUGH!"
on Christmas eve and while many fans supported my frustrations, some fans, and let's call the one below an idiot, who told me I was stupid because Raul was not what we needed and I "couldn't be serious!"

(In Photo: A Genius)
Sure, we didn't need Raul, but why not just re-sign him because we like the guy and he can contribute just like he did in the post-season? It seemed like a no brainer to me and many people like me.  It made sense, and it makes sense to me tonight when Raul came into the Bronx and did what he does best in New York... hit home runs.

No, I'm not writing a piece titled "I told you so." I'm just still bothered by the fact that we didn't give the guy a shot.  Whatever the case, good for Raul, and like I told one of our readers on Twitter tonight:

It's true. Tonight, the Yankees lost big to Raul and the Mariners. Hey, some nights a team just can't get it together.  The Yankees have been doing great this season.  Tonight, well, they didn't. We just need to move on.

The Mariners scored 12 runs tonight. Why? Well, Ibanez hit 2 home runs and 6 RBIs. One of those homers was a Grand Slam.  Phil Hughes lasted literally 0.2 innings tonight. He allowed 6 hits, 7 runs and shit the bed.  That's the only way I can describe it. Hughes is too inconsistent.  Something just ain't right and Yankeeland will erupt if he can't figure out how to pitch.

(In Photo: Alberto Gonzalez)
Preston Claiborne pitched tonight and did just fine, Brett Marshall did too.  And someone else did... Alberto Gonzalez pitched 0.1 of an inning.  Seriously. He's an infielder.

The Yankee runs went like this: Vernon Wells homered and Chris Stewart homered.  That's it.  To be honest, I would have left the Bronx in the 2nd inning if I was there.  Yes, I love my Yanks, but some nights you just know they ain't clicking. Tonight was it. It doesn't make me less of a fan, it makes me tired... that's it.

Final tonight: Mariners 12 - Yankees 2.

We win tomorrow.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017