Tuesday, April 16, 2013

THE DEREK JETER COCK TEASE

What?

Andrew Marchand of ESPN put out a story about Derek Jeter's return and it worries me.  This whole Jeter recovery is a roller coaster ride full of emotions, or, a cock tease if you will.  We think he's going to come back... he increases his workload and he's doing well. Then, he's suddenly not.  Needless to say, I'm getting concerned. Don't know what I mean? read this...

According to Marchand (HERE), "Jeter fielded 45 grounders on Friday but decreased that workload to 21 on Monday..."

Giardi said of the Jeter situation, "Sometimes you can take too many ground balls... They talked about lessening that load just because he was taking so many. Derek is such a creature of habit. To get him to break a cycle sometimes is difficult. He is going to want to do as much as he can as soon as he can, so we are just trying to make sure we don't go too fast. But there was no setback."

I'm sorry... I've heard the expression "practice makes perfect." So now what... practice suddenly is bad for you Joe?

I just doubt at this point that May 1st is out of the question for Jeter.  I mean, what gives? I know it's an ankle, but I'd rather they don't give me a timeline, then, when he comes back it's like a nice surprise or something.

Look, if we can get to the bottom of this Jeter stuff, of course you will be the first to know. Until then, just keep checking back here at BYB for updates.  Also, be sure to vote in our poll on the BYB homepage, "Who do you want as the Yankees lead off guy?" Ichiro Suzuki or Brett Gardner.  Vote!

 Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017