Tuesday, April 16, 2013

YANKEES WIN ONE FOR THE CITY OF BOSTON


The Yankees won another tonight, this one against the Diamondbacks. It was Jackie Robinson Day at the Stadium and with the Boston bombing as the backdrop, it made thinking about Jackie Robinson, humanity and respect for fellow man even sweeter.  Couple that with the Yankees dedication to the City of Boston playing "Sweet Caroline", well, that's class for you!  I tip my cap, well played.


Ivan Nova got the win tonight. 5 innings pitched.  He allowed 7 hits and 2 runs.  He had 6 strikeouts.  I worry about him every time he's on the mound. Sorry, that's just me.


Robinson Cano had a monster 3 run homer tonight and 3 RBIs total on the night. Kevin Youkilis and Travis Hafner were both 2-4, and Travis Hafner had a double...so did Brett Gardner.


Eduardo Nunez had a sacrifice in the 7th for alittle insurance. Youk scored as part of that sacrifice.


The Mo Tour continued tonight. Mariano Rivera got save number 3 tonight behind a slew of good pitching... Boone Logan, Joba and David Robertson.  All did well tonight.


I feel weird the past 24 plus hours.  Not sure if it has anything to do with the Boston situation, the tight security everywhere or if I am tired or I missed Yankee baseball yesterday or what... I can't explain it, but I hope to be out of my funk soon. I know what group of guys are not in a funk... my New York Yankees.  I'm impressed with their play lately and look forward to more of it.  The kids are alright.

Final tonight:  Yankees 4 - Diamondbacks 2.

Don't worry... I'll snap out of it... I have to!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017