Monday, April 8, 2013

SHOWDOWN WITH NICK SWISHER

No doubt this latest Yankees/Indians series will be interesting, especially seeing Nick Swisher wearing his new Cleveland Indians uniform.  After all, the guy gave us so much while he was with us in the Bronx.  Zack Meisel of MLB.com has a great article today that you need to check out, HERE.  He examines the reunion of Swisher and the Yankees and let's not forget our man Travis Hafner and the Indians are meeting up as well. 

Here's a quote from Swisher: 
"Oh, man, that's going to be the jam...How much fun is that going to be? I mean, Opening Day sold out in six minutes? I think it's great, man."
You know us here at Bleeding Yankee Blue, we love Nick Swisher and we even interviewed the guy. Read EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: NICK SWISHER. What some of us, like myself, didn't like was when Swisher made the whole mess surrounding last years playoffs all about him.  I hammered him good then, writing in HEY NICK SWISHER... IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!"Nick Swisher snapping back at the fans booing him at Yankee stadium.  Nick Swisher is taking it personally.  This has nothing to do with Nick Swisher. This has everything to do with the Yankees not winning.  Nick's not understanding what we expect as fans and while Nick is part of the problem with his horrendous postseason numbers, it's much bigger than Nick. It's the fact that we have come all this way as a team and we can't lose. The fans pay a ton of money all season long, money that goes toward the players' salaries and when the Yankees lose, we all lose. The fans have the right to be mad. We want a return on our investment!"

Then, Swisher did the right thing, he apologized to us fans. I forgave and wished him well. If you need a refresher on his apology,  it was in Mark Feinsand's piece, read HERE, Swisher said: "There’s only one thing that I would have taken back,” Swisher said, referring to his Oct. 14 comments in which he acknowledged being “hurt” by the fans' boos at the Stadium throughout the postseason.

“It was a bad time, and the end of the season was hard for all of us. If I offended anybody with what I said, I apologize. I didn’t mean it; Yankees fans are the greatest in the world,” Swisher said. “There’s no better place to play than Yankee Stadium in front of that New York fan base.”



Look, right now for me, it's a clean slate. It's going to be a blast to see Swish.  I actually can't wait. I'm looking forward to this series... I bet you are as well.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017