Monday, April 8, 2013

PRONK PAYS CLEVELAND A VISIT

Travis Hafner and Robinson Cano were the big heroes today in what can only be described as a "feel good" game for Yankee fans.  It was needed, trust me... I know you are with me on that.

Robinson Cano had 2 home runs and scored 4 runs. Travis Hafner had 4 RBI's today and had a 3 run homer and scored 3  times as he came home to Cleveland for the first time since signing with the Yankees.  It was good to see the guy hitting so well. 

Chris Stewart was in today for Francisco Cervelli.  He was 1 for 4 and it's my opinion that you need to let Cervelli just play.  This changing of catchers every few days is ridiculous. How does Girardi expect anyone to get into a rhythm if they are constantly being rested? Play Cervelli... he is hungry and wants to be there!

Ichiro Suzuki was 2-4 today, getting on base twice, but being left on base which is a big problem in my opinion. I mean sure, the Yankees scored 11 runs today, so it didn't matter today, but again, and I'm harping on this... this is a guy that gets on base almost every game. We are wasting him in the 6 hole.  He needs to lead off... sorry Gardy.

As far as pitching... Hiroki Kuroda went 5.1 innings, gave up 5 hits and 3 runs. He struck out 6. He was followed by Boone Logan, Shawn Kelley and Joba Chamberlain. Kelley ended up giving up 3 runs in 1.1 innings. Kuroda got the win.

At the end of the day, Yanks win big 11-6 and our losing record is improving every day.  We are gelling... and life will be good soon in Yankeeland... I can feel it.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017