Thursday, April 25, 2013

MASON WILLIAMS WILL TURN HIS DUI INTO A POSITIVE

I'm not God, I'm a father.  I don't like drunk driving.  I also believe in bettering one's self and shooting for the stars. If you get an opportunity, grab it and run with it.  It's being reported by Andy McCullough of the Star Ledger that Mason Williams was driving drunk in Tampa. Here is his Tweet HERE. Here is what McCullough wrote: "Yankees prospect Mason Williams was arrested early Thursday morning on a misdemeanor DUI charge, Tampa police say." The New York Times has the story also, right HERE.

Well, that sucks.  Look, this post isn't so you turn on Mason Williams or anything.  From what I can tell, he's an outstanding teammate, a real nice guy and a very talented athlete.  He also has a huge opportunity that many will never have... he's a New York Yankee.  He's mad talented on the diamond. He also is musically talented (read DANTE BICHETTE JR & MASON WILLIAMS HAVE EXTRA TALENT for info on that.) That being said, Williams made a mistake early this morning and he knows it.

I'm not here to judge. I'm here to say Mason needs to learn from this big time.  He needs to take his lumps like a man and come back stronger and smarter then before he got behind wheel.  Why? The answer is simply this... There are a ton of young fans out there, like my sons, who are now looking to the younger guys, future Yankee leaders. who are turning into their idols.  Ty Hensley, Dante Bichette Jr, Tyler Austin, Cito Culver and yes, Mason Williams among others.

This post is clear... Mason, I support you. Fix this and come back a better man. Lead by example. We're pulling for you.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017