Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ICHIRO GOES BIG IN YANKEES COMEBACK WIN!

The Yankees rarely win at Tropicana Field, but you know how much I love Ichiro Suzuki and you know that if anyone had to win it for the Yankees tonight, I'm happy it was my man!

Ichiro ended up hitting a 2 run single to the outfield in the ninth and the Yankees beat Fernando Rodney and the Ray 4-3 tonight.  It's not just good... it's freaking great!

Phil Hughes started very, very shaky but then settled down.  In the end, David Robertson got the win in this game and Mariano Rivera got the save after he gave up a homer to Evan Longoria.  


You know me, I'm not big on giving you a full blown in depth recap. I find it boring.  I love bringing you the highlights and who hit well and who didn't.  Bottom line, the Yankees had 8 hits against David Price, but you have to remember, they have struggled against left handed pitching this year.

Robinson Cano was 2-4 and he currently has a .342 average this season. Ichiro and Jayson Nix were also 2-3 tonight.  Phil Hughes line went like this: 7 innings pitched, he allowed 6 hits and 2 runs and most importantly... he didn't allow a home run. Say Hallelujah, say Amen.

Final tonight: Yankees 4 - Rays 3.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017