Monday, March 4, 2013

TY'S THE LIMIT & YOU NEED TO JUMP IN

I’ve written extensively about Ty Hensley and his family here on Bleeding Yankee Blue. Read TY HENSLEY: MAKING AN IMPORTANT CAUSE REALITY and THE MAKING OF A LEADER for context on that. I know my family and the Hensley family have very similar values and I learned it watching this young man take on a very adult cause, but a cause that affect millions.  It’s suicide and with Be Edmond, Ty cut a Public Service Announcement to help make people aware just how devasting suicide is but more importantly, how it can be prevented.  That being said, he’s stepped up and he needs your help.


The cause is simple.  Ty and Be Edmond are working to raise over $40,000 to create a APP that will work on as a suicide prevention hotline.  Think about it...  So many teens have iphones, smart phones.  Now think about all the APPs they have already on their phones.  What if one of those APPs was a hotline, someone to talk to, a crisis center, just in case that teen had thoughts of suicide.  Every parent thinks “not my kid” but don’t think that way.  You want to be prepared because you just don’t know what goes through a kid's head after a bad day of school or bad day on the baseball field.  My point is not the preach, but make you aware of this brilliant idea. It’s just in case, that’s all it is.

So far the Hensley’s are raising a lot of money, but they could use your help raising more.  To make life easy, if you CLICK HERE, it will bring you right to the donate page. Watch the PSA above, think about your kid, and make a donation if you believe this cause is right for you.

I give Ty Hensley a lot of credit. He’s doing something noble.  Sure, he could have signed with the Yankees and just made it all about him.  He’s not, he’s making it about the future.  Millions of kids who sometimes just need to talk to someone because their having a rough day. 

I tip my cap.  I’m impressed with this kid.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017